Vintage Blooms Quilt Designs

Monday, February 2, 2015

In the Beginning - The Very First Pattern

I can not tell you all how excited I am that my very first pattern design has been printed. The Sewing Machine Mat, Spring Mat, pattern #01 is now available.  The template to create the petals in this pattern design was created from the actual petals of the flowers blooming in my garden.  While attending the AQS Quilt Show last September in Chattanooga, Tennessee, I treated myself to a new Juki sewing machine.  I purchased a Juki TL2010Q, Juki Corporation, jukihome.com.  This machine is sew awesome!  I hope  to "play" a bit more with free motion quilting using this machine.  So I decided that I needed a new sewing machine mat to go under this machine and for taking to classes.  I made this sewing machine mat pattern just a bit wider so that the Juki machine fits nicely sitting on top!  This is my machine pictured in the pattern photo.  Fabrics shown in the design photo are from the collection "Somerset", by Joanna Figueroa, FigTree Fabrics, figtreeandcompany.com for Moda Fabrics, modafabrics.com.
Let me add that it is a lot of work to write pattern instructions.  I sure am thankful for my high school English teacher, Sara,  (she is now my sister-in-law.)  I hope everyone that gets this pattern enjoys making and using the mat.  Create something awesome!
                                                               






No comments:

Post a Comment