Vintage Blooms Quilt Designs

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage, Guild Challenge with a Slice of Watermelon

I have been having so much fun collecting fabrics for the quilt in Lori Holt's new book, Farm Girl Vintage. Lori has been sharing so many cute blocks and new quilts through her blog, beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com, and on Instagram.  I will be making the 6 inch size blocks.  I just received seven yards of the aqua blue swiss dots on white background fabric by Riley Blake.  
I will use this as my background fabric. 
Ready, set, go!  Ready to start "plowing" through this fabric making the blocks. 
I think I will make the tractor block for the back of my quilt.

I will be attending our Quilt Guilds' Summer retreat next week.  I will share some photos of the projects I hope to get to stitch.  One of the projects I plan to work  on is the "Pantone" color challenge. Our Guild has a challenge to make a table runner, or small wall hanging using the "Pantone" fashion colors for Spring 2015.  I have chosen the pattern "Daisies" by Fig Tree & Co., using the colors toasted almond, tangerine (of course, because any shade of orange is my favorite color), strawberry ice and scuba blue.  

Watermelon is plentiful here in the deep south now.  What a delightful summer treat.  Did you know that watermelon is incredibly healthy?  Health professionals say the juicy fruit contains vitamins A and C, and vitamin B6.  And it really is mostly water, so it can help to replenish our body fluids and help with hydration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment